INDUSTRIAL CHILLER MAINTENANCE GUIDELINES
- Inspection of all water inlets and outlets for leaks should be done routinely.
- All components of the compressor unit should be inspected including checks for oil levels, leaks, vibrations, operating temperatures variations.
- Electrical contacts should be inspected and cleaned.
- Cooling coils must be inspected for distortion in fins, and signs of corrosion.
- Condenser fan inspections should be carried out with emphasis on bearings check for signs of wear, poor lubrication. Belts and couplings should also be checked and adjusted when necessary.
- Condenser coils should be inspected for leaks, corrosion, and areas of kinking or blockage.
- For air-cooled chillers, return air dampers should be inspected for optimal operation, calibration coupled with checks for bearings alignment and lubrication.
- Fresh air dampers for an air-cooled chiller system should be inspected in the same way as return air dampers.